Ant Control & Extermination Services
An ant infestation can ruin many things if you find them crawling all over your home. Ant’s can easily make it into your home through cracks in the walls or small exposed holes or wires. Once they enter your home or office, they tend to search for foods. These ants can and will quickly contaminate your food as well as sneak around to reach other potential areas of your home or office.
Here are the top ant species to look out for in your home or office:
Carpenter ants are dark brown and reddish in color. They tend to nest within damaged wood and cracks and holes of your home. They are extremely invasive and tend to hunt for sweets such as honey and jelly-like substances. These ants are known to cause extreme structural damage to your home if not treated.
Ghost ants appear black and white. They tend to stay outside and nest within mulch, rock, and tree bark. They also tend to feed around potted plants, and cabinets. Ghost ants take it step by step in eating away and digging at sweet and sugary goods.
These ants are dark brown and can infiltrate your home through damages walls, exposed soil under the floor cracks of your home or office. These ants are dangerous because they are known for contaminating foods. They are named odorous because if they happened to be smashed, they let off a harsh and potent smell similar to sink bugs.
These are small brown ants that are known for invading throughout the indoors. They follow trails and are often in hiding in hard-to-reach spaces like wall voids, under floors and behind your baseboards. They also tend to be near areas of water source such as the kitchen or bathroom.
How these Ants Are Making it Into Your Home
Ants will nest indoor and outdoor. They enter through small cracks in walls, your homes foundation, your roof or anywhere you might have wires entering your home. It’s also common for ants to be attracted to sweet foods, crumbs, and general food left unattended.
The Warning Signs
If you are experiencing any of the following signs, you need to call our team right away:
- Ant’s wandering around outside your home in visible areas. These ants are on the search for food supply you may have left behind.
- Food Spoiling and ants in your sink, near your trash bin or even your pet bowls is a major sign that you have an ant issue in your home.
- Multiple nests outside your home. If you are noticing ant nests outside the perimeter of your home, it’s time you call an exterminator to make sure there are no structural damages done to your home.
Our Ant Treatment & Preventative Advice
To make sure that you are ridding ants from your home or office, you need to seal any areas of risk and fully understand the types of ants that your home is attracting as they all have different forms of treatment. At IMEL, we offer the best nest location and removal services in the Metro-East area!
We will also help you prevent future infestations through a variety of services and tips from our seasoned professionals. Here are some of the top preventative tips on how to prevent future ant infestations:
- Fix any roof openings or leaks, dripping pipes, and other plumbing issues that may provide moisture for ants to survive.
- Keep your areas clean! By keeping your space clean from food, and residue found in the kitchen or eating areas is a great way to keep ants away.
- When storing food make sure it is sealed in airtight containers, and in the refrigerator.
- Call our team when you need assistance! Although there are ways you can prevent ants from swarming, you still might need professional help.