Pest Control News
Common myths about pests
Sighting pests on your home can be a serious problem and frustrating too. Most people would not want these insects showing up on their doors. Some will even go as far as interpreting sighting of pests to be a bad omen. However, whenever they show up, you should have an eradication plan in place. Below, we debunk some of the biggest pest myths:
It is cheaper doing it on my own
Well, this myth is for someone looking for a more affordable way out of a pest problem. Whereas it may cost you less, it will prove to be expensive in the long-term. Most commercially pest control treatments are effective in getting rid of pests since they do not rely on chemicals. Getting rid of pests with chemicals may harm you and expose you to toxins.
Insects will sting only once
There is this belief that bees sting to their death. There could be some truth, especially when it comes to honeybees. However, other insects such as wasps and yellow jackets will sting more than once.
I can use a bug zapper to eliminate mosquitoes
Well, bug zappers may kill only a few bugs or mosquitoes, but the truth of the matter is that the bright light will attract most other pests.
Pests dwell in dirty homes
Cleanliness is essential in keeping away pests. However, some pests such as bed bugs, carpenter ants, and termites dwell in any surrounding, whether clean or dirty. They are only looking for food and a place to stay. Bed bugs like staying in homes since it is warm and cozy.
My cat will take care of rodents
Cats will indeed ensure your compound is rodents free. However, a rodent manifestation may be too much for your cat to handle. It is without a doubt that if you spot one rodent, be sure there are bound to be many more.
I will get rid of the pest when I sight one
Well, you do not have to take measures when there is a problem already. It is better to be proactive since pests can breed quite rapidly, and before you know it, your home is full of an infestation. By having an annual pest control program, you will be ensuring your home remains free of pests all year round.
Pests can be a nuisance and require professionals to solve their menace once and for all. Professional pest control firms in Livingston, IL, have the necessary equipment and expertise to get rid of pests effectively.
Notorious Fall Pests
Now that fall will be here before you know it, it’s time to think about all the pests you dealt with last year. You don’t want to repeat history and spend months trying to treat a problem yourself with ineffective solutions. Instead, you’ve decided that this year, you’ll do everything you can to prevent any type of pest problem from occurring so you only need to call a professional exterminator in Kane, IL in an absolute emergency.
The fall pests you should be concerned about include:
- Mice: Once you’ve seen one mouse, you’ll likely see several. They breed and give birth to multiple babies at one time. They’ve entered your home in search of warmth and food which you’re unknowingly supplying to them. Mice carry diseases and damage homes quickly. That’s why you need to address a mouse problem right away so it doesn’t worsen. There are many types of traps and baits you can buy to eradicate the population living in your home. If you’d prefer for the job to be done by a professional, hiring a contractor that deals with rodents is ideal.
- Crickets: Besides making a lot of noise, the insects are very destructive. They eat fabric and cause a nuisance by quietly destroying clothes, drapes, and furniture. If you don’t like seeing them in or around your home, it’s time to take matters into your own hands and eliminate the problem for good. Your Kane, IL home deserves to be free from pests who disturb your peace and destroy your belongings.
- Beetles: Stinky smelling when crushed, these bugs also stain different areas of the home. The more you see them in your residence, the bigger the population is. Having someone who is knowledgeable about getting rid of the problem speak to you about your options helps save time and money. You’re not forced to seek out solutions on the internet or buy your own treatment products in an attempt to get rid of the beetles entirely.
The best pest control options in Kane, IL are done by a professional exterminator. You’re not forced to spend money on ineffective treatments that way. You don’t wear out your patience by trying to eradicate a problem that only worsens with time. Instead, you trust a professional exterminator to do the hard work for you. Doing so frees up your schedule and your bank account for other household projects and yard work.
Do bed bug bombs work?
One of the most devastating and nausea-inducing pest control situations you will run across in Jerseyville, IL is a bed bug infestation. Just the thought of parasitic bugs feeding on your blood while you sleep is enough to send most homeowners into a panic. The temptation is to immediately run out and buy the most expensive bug spray and attempt to eradicate the problem the same day. Unfortunately, as most people come to find out, bed bugs can be one of the most difficult pests to kill off.
The Idea of the Bed Bug Bomb
Bed bug bombs are usually known as bed bug foggers. The idea is that setting off a fogger (or a few foggers if you have a large infestation) will conveniently kill the entire populace in one fell swoop and your problem is gone. In reality, bed bug foggers rarely eliminate an infestation, and most of the time you are simply wasting your money since studies have found that bed bugs have built a resistance to DDT, the main ingredient in most consumer foggers. In addition, foggers cannot reach the crevices that bed bugs hide in any way.
Standard bed bug bombs aren’t just ineffective in most cases, they can be dangerous. Using too many in an enclosed space carries the risk of explosion, hardly the best pest control solution for the normal homeowner.
Possible Solutions to Bed Bug Infestations
The list of solutions for your infestation usually involves recruiting a professional pest control company like Imel Pest Control. The reason is simple: professionals have the experience and the tools to deal with bed bugs in the most effective ways. Some of these methods include
- Heat treatments. Bed bugs can be killed by temperatures over 120 degrees F, but most people cannot raise the temperatures in their homes that high evenly throughout
- Pyrethrin sprays work, but only if you can treat the places that bed bugs go to hide, including the crevices in your couch, inside electrical boxes, behind molding, and even behind old wallpaper.
- Freezing temperatures. Yes, bed bugs will die in extreme cold, if it stays below freezing for a significant time period. Unfortunately, it’s unlikely you or your family would be willing to suffer in freezing conditions for up to three months.
For more information on how to rid your home of bed bugs and keep them away, give Imel Pest Control a call!